- Q: Is an in-person consult required before every appointment? (The only exception to this is a client who has had a lot of electrolysis in the past.)
- A: Yes. The first in-person consult will likely be 15 to 30 minutes.
- Q: Can you remove all of my hair in one electrolysis appointment?
- A: Electroysis is a process, so 1 time is unlikely. Most likely your appointment will kick off with a 30 minute to 45 minute appointment. After that, we will meet about every 7 to 10 days for about 15 to 30 minutes and this will likely take about 8 to 10 weeks.
- Q: If I find a random hair or a straggler, can I come back for a quick 10 minute appointment?
- A: Absolutely. Text me when you find the rogue hair and pop-by and we can try to get that bastard!
- Q: Does electrolysis hurt?
- A: I prefer the word “uncomfortable.” If feels like a slight tingling sensation is felt. Because a network of nerve endings surrounds each hair follicle, you will feel a tingling sensation from the procedure. This sensation lasts a second. Because some parts of the body are more sensitive than others, adjustments can be made which will help to make the treatment comfortable. (I adjust my machine and possibly the modality I am using.)
The sensation you might experience depends on many reasons. Some parts of the body are more sensitive than others. If you have ever waxed or plucked, you’ll find electrolysis to be surprisingly comfortable. Some clients have described the sensation as a pinch, a mosquito bite, a quick snap, or building warmth.
Also, if you can grin and bare it through a like 3 to 5 insertions and epilations, what may happen is what they call synapse fatigue. If we stay in one area, like maybe your under arm or chin, once we do about 3 to 5 hairs, the nearby area will feel LESS of the epilations from that synapse fatigue. So, the more we do, the better it feels!